3 restaurant workers get CO sickness


CHICAGO (CBS) — Chicago firefighters responded to a hazmat situation in a building in the city’s River North neighborhood Sunday night, officials confirmed.

Around 5:30 p.m., firefighters responded to an eight story building at 59 W. Grand for the Level 1 Hazmat due to high carbon monoxide levels. The building is a mixed occupancy building.

READ MORE: Multiple Mailboxes Broken Into In Northlake, Police Say

According to the Chicago Police Department, three restaurant employees were transported in good condition to Northwestern Memorial Hospital in by the Chicago Fire Department. Two of those people were in serious to critical condition and one was in fair to serious condition.

READ MORE: Gov. JB Pritzker, Illinois’ Top Doctor Urge Caution For New Year’s Eve Gatherings As COVID Cases Surge; ‘Omicron And Delta Are Coming To Your Party’

India House, a restaurant located on the bottom floor of the building, confirmed it was closed due to an emergency situation.

MORE NEWS: Visitation Service Being Held For Andris Wofford, 29, Who Was Shot And Killed In Northwest Side Condo

Firefighters requested People’s Gas to help deal with the situation.

CBS 2 Chicago Staff